AdvicePay’s mission is to expand the reach of personal financial planning advice to more consumers. Historically, financial planning advice was only available to the affluent, who could afford to pay a financial advisor’s fees directly from their portfolios. AdvicePay enables financial advisors to shift their focus toward giving advice to people still building wealth, instead of only those who already have it, with the first technology solution for financial planners to get paid in a compliant way on a subscription or one-time basis via ACH or credit/debit cards.
Our sister company, XY Planning Network, was nationally recognized as one of The 346 Best Places to Work in 2019 by Inc. magazine! And since we work in the same office and have the same awesome benefits, we’ll say “we basically won too.”
We are headquartered in Bozeman, Montana. To be your best self at work, we believe you need to be your best self at home. We encourage our team members to take advantage of all of the fun Bozeman has to offer. Our company values our personal lives because we recognize that healthy and happy people make the best team members!
We are a small team, and we work both independently and as a team. You’ll have a lot of autonomy, while also having the opportunity to collaborate with multiple departments and grow together.
About the Platform
Users of AdvicePay are financial planners who use our platform to get paid by their clients for fee-for-service financial planning.
About the Position
We’re looking for a full-time Product Designer located in the Bozeman, MT area. You will work on every part of the design process from customer feedback to wireframes to prototyping! You’ll design brand-spankin’-new features and build on top of existing ones. You’ll work with the Product Manager on the entire design cycle from beginning to end. We have a small (yet mighty!) team of Product and Development and Design that work closely together to find and build the best solutions, always keeping our end users and their experience in mind.
What You’ll Do
- Lead strategy on new features from initial ambiguous concepts and brainstorming to clear, well-defined solutions/designs to seamless development implementation
- Work closely with Product and Development to explore problems, create possible solutions, identity what’s worth pursuing, and provide any relevant details for easy execution
- Differentiate between when a feature needs pixel-perfect attention to detail or simply a quick sketch
- Help identify customer pain points, troubleshoot solutions, and assist Product in scoping any necessary feature requirements
- Create and execute designs for features that are either brand new or coincide with existing feature work
- Collaborate with various team members, including a willingness to give and receive thoughtful feedback in an effort to produce high-quality work
- Develop a coherent design system so that AdvicePay users experience a high level of consistency and get "all-the-feels"
- Continuously communicate with Product to present and iterate on designs to stay on the same page
- Work with our Marketing and Sales teams to design attractive and easy-to-read one-pagers, brochures, long-form articles, and other deliverables, as needed
- Complete our Happiness Hero (aka Customer Support) training program to understand what it means to make our customers AdvicePay happy, learning our tone and the ins and outs of our application, interacting directly with our users to solve their problems by answering customer support tickets, and using that experience to identify solutions you’ll design
What You’ll Bring to The Table
- Passion and love for design, problem-solving, and navigating the unknown
- Excellent communication skills to effectively communicate and collaborate with team members in-person and via Slack, video conferences, comments on software, etc.
- A harmonious work ethic and a high sense of personal responsibility and integrity
- Ability to actively get design input from other team members while also being decisive and moving forward with projects on your own
- Portfolio of design work that demonstrates a thoughtful approach and showcases your robust knowledge of design best-practices
- Comprehensive understanding of the iterative design life cycle: research user needs, map user journeys, wireframe, prototype, conduct feedback, and testing
- Proven ability to work closely and harmoniously with developers, the Product Manager, and customers
- Experience with software like Sketch or Figma and the ability to document your designs
- Understanding of web standards, browser and mobile capabilities, and building accessible products
- Confidence and autonomy to own the design and AdvicePay user experience
- The ability to identify ways to improve our current application features in ways that will increase the user experience, productivity, and efficiency
What Will Make Us Drool
- Experience designing for FinTech, finance, and/or banking
- Experience working in other parts of the team: Marketing, including WordPress websites, Sales, Support, Product, and/or Development
Compensation & Benefits
- Salary: $63,240 - $74,460, depending on experience
- Unlimited vacation days to maintain work-life harmony (we require that you take a minimum of 3 weeks of vacation per year)
- 10 paid holidays when the office is closed
- 401(k) with match; you put in 6% and we put in 4.5%
- 12 weeks of paid maternity/paternity leave for the birth or adoption of a child
- Health benefits package provided of up to $500/month
- $600/year to cover the cost of working with a financial planner, plus up to $500 toward the upfront fee
- $250/quarter to spend on yourself specific to our core value of “Be Well Being You”
- $500 donated to a non-profit organization of your choice when you volunteer 40 hours/year
- $2,000/year in Professional Development Funds
- A sabbatical program that includes a cash bonus and extra time off at 5, 10, and 15 years
- Subsidized employer-sponsored childcare through our internal daycare program
- MacBook Pro provided
- $5,000 relocation package available to those moving to Bozeman, MT
- Please see our Dream Team Handbook for more info about the benefits and perks we offer!