AdvicePay is a billing and payment processing platform that enables financial advisors to shift their focus toward giving advice to people still building wealth, instead of only those who already have it. Historically, financial planning advice was only available to the affluent, who could afford to pay a financial advisor’s fees directly from their portfolios. We set out to change that, as we believe personal financial planning advice should be available to all. In doing so, we’ve become the very first and only technology solution created specifically for fee-for-service financial planning.
Our sister company, XY Planning Network, was nationally recognized as one of The 346 Best Places to Work in 2019 by Inc.magazine and by the 2019 InvestmentNews Excellence in Diversity & Inclusion Awards. And since we work in the same office and have the same awesome benefits and core values, we like to say “we basically won too!”
We are a small team, and we work both independently and together. You’ll have a lot of autonomy, while also having the opportunity to work alongside others, collaborate with multiple departments, and grow together.
You’ll love working here as an intern if you value -- and want to contribute to -- a positive, inclusive, innovative, and “get sh!t done” culture where teammates help one another succeed and are committed to doing the right thing. If you're up for the challenge of disrupting an industry, join us.
As a Happiness Ally on Team AdvicePay (within the Customer Experience department), you’ll learn what it takes to provide a seriously stellar customer experience in the Software as a Service (SaaS) industry as you tackle projects that challenge your mind and put your critical thinking skills to the test, learn from and build lasting connections with a variety of professionals, and have one heckuva time in the process.
• Replying to emails promptly and cheerfully is a major part of customer experience at AdvicePay -- and it’s pretty fun to boot! You’ll work directly with all of our users to accurately answer their burning questions and help them work happily with the app. You’ll test out functionality and potential bugs on your own, and learn how to report issues to our development team.
• What’s the most rewarding part of rolling out new features or fixing pesky bugs? Breaking the happy news to our users! Each time a new enhancement or bug fix is released, you’ll help follow up personally with those users who requested the feature or were impacted by the bug, giving you the opportunity to hone delightful email-based support skills along the way.
• No two days are exactly the same in Customer Experience, so you’ll also lend a hand with other critical miscellaneous tasks, too -- like documenting monthly data reports, helping gather evidence for payment disputes, making updates to our Knowledge Base, and/or helping our Happiness Heroes and Champions with special projects as needed.
Required Qualifications & Skills
• Total ease with technology; not only can you learn new apps in the time it takes you to eat breakfast, your ability to troubleshoot and analyze in a systematic way when using tech is second-to-none
• Superpowers in communicating with positivity and precision via the written word: you can explain instructions in a simple and clear way, “speak” with warmth and humility, and typos are definitely one of your biggest pet peeves
• An almost annoying attentiveness to detail!
• A preference for processes and routine, but a cheerful ability to embrace some randomness in your day
• The ability to prioritize work, follow through on requests, take initiative, work both independently and collaboratively, and consistently meet deadlines
• Pursuing a bachelor's degree in communications, journalism, computer science, accounting, finance, business, or other applicable field
• Authorized to live and work in the United States
• Status: Part Time (10 - 20 hours/week). Our support hours are 8a - 6p MT on weekdays! While there is some flexibility in working hours, Happiness Ally interns will coordinate with their manager to determine a consistent schedule for helping to cover our support desk. Scheduling will be based on team needs and peak support hours, while also working around interns' schedule and coursework.
• Location: Remote
• Department: Customer Experience
• Reports to: Erika Madden, Manager of Customer Experience
Compensation & Benefits:
• Salary: $15/hr
• Company-owned laptop provided
• See our Dream Team Handbook to learn more about our company and policies! Please note that benefits are available to full-time/regular Team Members who work at least 30 hours/week. That said, all interns benefit from our Flex Time policy. Check out our sweet intern benefits here!
• Cover Letter
• Applications will be reviewed as they are accepted with an estimated start in March/early April